Wednesday, April 24, 2013

EXPLOSION Card

Recently Terri Sproul should us some awesome explosion cards that were just stunning, and I wanted to try to see if I could make some.  Now she purchased her cards from www.thepapercut.com, and they are just awesome, but since more of my viewers are from Latin America and they can't all purchase these, so they asked if I could teach this to them.

So, here is what I created using Terri Sproul's technique.




Now, I thought you could use either side for the front of the card, so for my next card, I decorated it using the diamond shape for the front. Here is my other explosion card.




They are actually very easy to make and it doesn't take a whole lot to make these cute cards.  I started out with a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock that I cut down to 4 x 12".  Now you will need a score board for these cards because in order to get the lines scored properly it's best to use a score board like Martha Stewarts.

Once you have your paper cut go ahead and score your paper at 2", 4", 6", 8" & 10".  Score again from the 6" score mark to the 2" mark and once you scored it will almost look like an "X".  You will do that on both sides.  Make sure you do not score you two side pieces that measure 2" each, which if you look to my first card it's the opening part of my card.

Materials Used:




Now, the fun part was decorating these, and I love this part, because I get to play with my favorite things Bling, Buttons, & Flowers.

Well, be sure to checkout my ustream and YouTube videos on these and other tutorials, just look for Creando_con_Detalles (Facebook) or Creando con Detalles (Youtube).

Also, from April 26 - 28th, I will be participating in a Buttons & Birdhouse Designer Challenge, so stop by Buttons Galore & More website for more details.

See you soon!


2 comments :

  1. I have never made an explosion card Mia, but your design makes me really want to try one. Super cute!

    www.mel-designs.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

¡Anímate a comentar! Tu opinión es muy importante